During this COVID-19 crisis, MI remains committed to accompanying immigrants in their time of need. MI’s COVID-19 response services to day laborers and immigrant families include but are not limited to:
- Distribution of free PPEs (masks and gloves) as needed
- Weekly food distribution at its Berkeley and Richmond locations
- Advocacy and application support for relief, rental and financial assistance
- Promotion and sharing of COVID-19 information, updates and resources
- Direct service and mental health support and referrals
In addition, MI continues to offer its regular wrap-around services (job placement assistance, wage theft support, legal, immigration and health resources and referrals) over the phone and virtually. Help us continue to offer these services by:
- Donating directly to our organization. Every dollar counts and helps to make a difference in the life of many.
- Donating face masks. Reusable masks preferred. Please call (510) 847-1479 for drop off information.
- Donating beans, rice, canned tuna, pasta/pasta sauce or other food essentials. Please call (510) 847-1479 for drop off information.
Your donation is fully tax deductible and no donation is too small! Use our mailing address (1920 Seventh St. Berkeley, CA 94710) to send a check. Or use the secure pay-online service by clicking here:
Contribute with your time and talents for special events or on an ongoing basis. Assisting youth with their writing and homework or helping on a Friday lunch event providing hot meals to immigrant workers—our volunteers make a difference.
We also welcome volunteers with skills related to informational technology, experience training in the construction trades, immigration or labor law, as well as those with experience in or enthusiasm for fundraising and organizing to be part of our committees (fundraising, finance, development) or Board of Directors! What is your expertise?
Find out more about our volunteering opportunities, times, and locations, by filling out a form here: