Since 2002, the Multicultural Institute has assisted economically disadvantaged adults in acquiring vocational, social, and educational skills to build self-sufficiency in the San Francisco Bay Area. Program participants come from Richmond, Berkeley, and Oakland in the East Bay and from the North Fair Oaks/Redwood City area of San Mateo County.
We offer, free of charge:
- Job placement assistance and job contact cultivation
- On-site health screenings and treatment, in collaboration with county and other local health providers
- Educational and training opportunities
- Day laborer organizing and other assistance.
Our program operates on weekday mornings on the street with day laborers at the following locations:
- Berkeley: on Hearst Avenue in West Berkeley. Contact Program Director Josue Revolorio (510) 847-8714 for more information.
- North Fair Oaks / Redwood City: on 5th Avenue and Middlefield Road. Contact Program Director Cesar Meza-Esveile (650) 339-2794
for more information.
- Richmond: on San Pablo Avenue near MacDonald Avenue. Contact Program Director Rudy Lara (510) 847-1479 for more information.