During this COVID-19 crisis, MI remains committed to accompanying immigrants in their time of need. MI’s COVID-19 response services to day laborers and immigrant families include but are not limited to:
- Distribution of free PPEs (masks and gloves) as needed
- Weekly food distribution at its Berkeley and Richmond locations
- Advocacy and application support for relief, rental and financial assistance
- Promotion and sharing of COVID-19 information, updates and resources
- Direct service and mental health support and referrals
In addition, MI continues to offer its regular wrap-around services (job placement assistance, wage theft support, legal, immigration and health resources and referrals) over the phone and virtually. Help us continue to offer these services by:
- Donating directly to our organization. Every dollar counts and helps to make a difference in the life of many.
- Donating face masks. Reusable masks preferred. Please call (510) 847-1479 for drop off information.
- Donating beans, rice, canned tuna, pasta/pasta sauce or other food essentials. Please call (510) 847-1479 for drop off information.